View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #10
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I guess we could give you the same answer: You can figure it out.

The only thing I can understand from your first post is that you want the "make" application binary that will run on your kindle.

It is much easier if you just use a pre-built binary rather than try to compile the source yourself.

Here is one:
http://packages.debian.org/testing/devel/make

Page all the way down, pick your native language for the page, read the page, and if that is what you want ....
Download the package listed for "armel" from the list.

You will find the directions on how to extract the application binary indexed in our master index tools page.

You will need a couple of tools (ar, tar, gunzip most likely) that are not on the kindle.

You have a choice on those -
Google and install them for the OS that you do have, OR
Download and burn to CD a "Linux LiveCD" and do your un-packaging work while running that.

There are hundreds of "Linux LiveCD"s to choose from, the recommended one for someone with zero Linux/Unix experience is:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

These "LiveCD" distributions run memory resident, they do not touch the file system on the computer that is running them.
In your case, you will want to setup a "persistent storage" for the LiveCD - there are easy directions included on the LiveCD.
Just download, burn, and boot it.
Hey,

i found out make is unless if you have no cc. I searched and searched but I found mostly gcc but for this you need cc and make. There are pre-compiled versions but the most links are broken or are for other destributions. On debian gcc is available too. Is it possible to install the pre-compiled package from debian because this needs other packages and libaries?. When it is possible what I should download and install (there are more different links on debian.)?
And if this not work are there any other c compiler? or cross compiler? for the kindle?

This with the LinuxLive CD I have no experience with this and i would never know how to install it on the kindle.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 12-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote