View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #1145
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Working my way through "Dead Beat". Things seem to get darker in each novel. Still loving the story.
Yes, they do, don't they!? Only six more to read after you've read Dead Beat (You'll love Mouse and Butters and also you'll meet 'Sue' in this one!), Then you'll be all ready for Cold Days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm in the middle of Changes, still on the fence about buying Ghost Story or skipping it and reading Cold Days when it's released.
Oh go ahead and jump off the fence and you'll be glad you did! Borrow it from a library or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
So, the next one will be White Night, I am going to begin reading this evening. I like the series so much. An the interesing little hints of the future are all over the books.
I like this. Nice to have five books more to read. And then the wait begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee Skylyn View Post
Yes, google is my friend but apparently Deviant Art hates me. Always has. I have never had luck with it...and getting an error on their search. (was more looking for the artists name, direct link?)

I'm very frustrated I can't remember where I left of...get to the end of a chapter and am like; "yep, read that...." but flip to far and I don't remember it but that could just be my silly memory being selective.

Kinda wonder if the library will get the new one as soon as it comes out and if so how long the waiting list for it will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Here are several images that I got from the above link (they display a lot larger if you 'click' on each of them) out of over 1500 hits there.

Quote:
All Hail the Mighty Beetle by ~Mad-Queen1013
Fan Art / Digital Art / Painting & Airbrushing / Books & Novels ©2011-2012 ~Mad-Queen1013
A silly little something as I'm rereading the Dresden Files for the... 3rd? 4th? umpteenth time.

Harry's mighty Blue Beetle, stalwart crusader against the forces of darkness and alternative fuels.

Simple photomanip of a VW Beetle. I know Harry's has more dents, but ...

*SPOILER ALERT FOR CHANGES*
... after you die, I figure you can look as good as you want.
*/SPOILER*

Line is from Dead Beat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	all_hail_the_mighty_beetle_by_mad_queen1013-d3dmvm5.jpg
Views:	1491
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	95130

Cosplay: Molly Carpenter by ~priscellie
Artisan Crafts / Costumery ©2007-2012 ~priscellie
I dressed up as Molly Carpenter from The Dresden Files book series to meet the author Jim Butcher at the 2007 New York Comic Con. Jim took one look at my wig and shirt and burst out laughing. I don't know if he's ever gotten a non-Harry cosplayer before!

Unfortunately, I'm not very happy with any of the costume pictures I took at the con, so you're getting this shot I took at home when I was putting the costume together. I hadn't cut any holes in the fishnets yet or added the random safety pins yet, and I wasn't wearing any of makeup then, so I've given myself a slight makeover with Madame Photoshop, adding in the black lipstick and eye makeup. Ah well, better than nothing!

Pictures from the Con here!

The logo I designed for the SplatterCon!!! shirt is now official Jim-Butcher.com merchandise! Buy yours here!

Name:	Cosplay__Molly_Carpenter_by_priscellie.jpg
Views:	2152
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	95126

Cosplay: Molly Carpenter II by ~priscellie
Artisan Crafts / Costumery / Costumes / Cosplay & Role-Playing ©2010-2012 ~priscellie
My second take on a Molly Carpenter cosplay, from Jim Butcher's Dresden Files! While the costume doesn't precisely match the description in "Proven Guilty," I think I struck the right note this time! I first wore it at San Diego Comic Con in 2008, and I've worn it to a number of other cons since. It's my current favourite.

The SplatterCon!!! shirt is of my own design, hand-painted using a stencil. You can buy your own through the Jim-Butcher.com store.

I created the wig as well, starting with a white wig from CosWorx.com and coloring it with this dye recipe.

Bottom Left: With Harry cosplayer Matt Merback.
Bottom Right: With THE BRUCE. Apparently, SplatterCon!!! hosted a bigger name than Darby Crane...

Name:	Cosplay__Molly_Carpenter_II_by_priscellie.jpg
Views:	1715
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	95127

Cosplay: Warden Molly by ~priscellie
Artisan Crafts / Costumery / Costumes / Cosplay & Role-Playing ©2011-2012 ~priscellie
Possibly the most esoteric Dresden Files costume to date: Warden Molly! An alternate-future version of her character based on a SINGLE LINE of text from "Proven Guilty":

"A third faced me in a grey Warden’s cloak, though a burn scar, almost a brand, marred the roundness of her left cheek."

I was so busy having a blast at MarsCon that I didn't notice I hadn't gotten many good shots of the costume, so I'll have to make a point of getting better shots if I reprise it.

Thanks to Blaze for the gorgeous cloak and Matt (the above Harry) for lessons in burn scar application.

Name:	cosplay__warden_molly_by_priscellie-d3bl574.jpg
Views:	966
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	95128

Last edited by alansplace; 10-29-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: oops!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote