View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
For formulas: MathML isn't included in any e-book format... yet. I expect ePub in the next version of its standard to include MathML support. Currently, it would already be possible to use MathML in an ePub files if you use a proper fallback (XHTML + images for formulas in SVG).
SVG though, is already included in the standard, and it's fairly easy to export formulas in SVG.
So, ePub is the format of choice for scientific ebooks? Let's hope we get a pretty complete implementation on the cybook, then. And some nice science textbooks.

On second thought, and slightly off topic (sorry for highjacking), shouldn't it be possible to patch together some kind of converter from PDF to ePub with some notice to formulas? Hm... given some time, which is not probable to happen in, oh, another two years, I might have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Hmmmm I wonder if you had an infinite number of monkeys converting physics PDF's to Mobipocket... I wonder what kind of formulas you could come up with?
Well, it could actually be the question to the answer to life, the universe and everything

Last edited by Manichean; 07-26-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote