View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
And the question is, should I continue?

After years of hearing numerous recommendations and condemnations from my friends regarding this series, I broke down last month and got the first book. I'm torn, there are some parts that I like (plot, detailed world, mythology) but it seems kind of formulaic and the dialogue/characters can be effing awful at times.

Does it get any better? Most of the critiques I've heard of the series is that the first 3-5 books are worth reading and then they decline rapidly in quality. If you've read the series, please let me know what ya think of it. My pals recs are 3 in favor of trying at least 1 more, 2 saying quit while I'm ahead...
It took me awhile to start the series. I stayed with it to the tenth volume, which was too long IMO. I'm with DiapDealer on this.

I think it went from being a pretty good story to one that was milked beyond dryness. But if you've got the time, read another one.

I think WofT ruined me for epic fantasy.

Last edited by RDaneel54; 04-08-2012 at 08:55 AM.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote