View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #19
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
A big chunk of it are the little things (semi-intangibles as I put it before). The edges of the T1 cover are left rough and sharp (at least mine was), which made it feel cheap. Without the need for magnets, they didn't have any sewing into the cover itself, which is a small but nice touch. The back of the cover has a nice grip, but the shape tends to remind you that you are using a device. The lip of the clasp presents another edge when reading one-handed that bugged me. The front actually had something to stay put on the 650, and the T1 has nothing so the cover tends to flop a bit.
These are the things that bother me about the standard case too, especially the edge thing on the right-side of the reader. I would rather rest my thumb on the flat surface of the device than on a raised edge. A cover that won't stay put is also annoying. I wish it were more "book-like", similar to past Sony covers or the Kindle standard covers.

I bought the Sony cover because I wanted a lighted option for traveling. I am looking forward to seeing what designs become available from other vendors.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote