View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Mysterious Invisible Image Files

Quote:
Some/many pdf ebooks are created with tiff images, which the eDGe cannot read. I would like to see support for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
Really? I thought that when PDFs are created, TIFFs get flattened fom vector files--and that assumes they're being exported from something like Quark or InDesign. Not all DPFs are created that way.
Well, I think you're likely right. My head started going where it went because I was playing with some pdf files that the images (tifs) were not rendering in. I rebuilt a few pages changing the image files to jpg, and the problem was gone. So I made an assumption without going further. Your question got me to do some more tests, and indeed, every tif I used worked fine, and I even did some with jpg and zip compressions, and the edge rendered them all. So now I'm really curious as to what is going on. I looked at the metadata in a couple of the books that the images didn't work in, and that was no help either. One PDF was authored in Acrobat 7 and another generated from Ghostscript, so I really have to wonder what is going on.

So, I'll wil be moving this thread to another forum.

Last edited by aidren; 05-15-2010 at 07:50 PM.