View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #10
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytruant View Post
I haven't ever used mobipocket's desktop software, but I have been given the impression that you can use it to apply your PID to a prc file, before copying it to the device in question. I don't know this though, because I've never run it. [edit: actually, this must be the case, otherwise nobody buying books from Libresco would be able to read them, seeing as their website doesn't store, or even ask for, your device PID ]
Yes, you're right about the mobipocket software adding a PID. I did use it once upon a time, before I escaped from Windows. I've tried getting it to run in Linux with Wine, but it doesn't like it, so that's not a viable route. I think your best bet would be to get you money back from Libresco and take your custom to one of the ebook sellers that *does* store your PID code.

Perhaps you should point Libresco at this thread too, in the hopes that they get a Clue.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote