View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Using your Kobo for anything other than personal reading

Have any of you used your Kobo (or other ereader for that matter) for anything other than personal recreational reading? And I'm not refering to using it as a coaster, plate, frisbee or chopping board What I am interested in is how people find using an ereader for research, reference texts, etc. When I read a book for my own personal pleasure, I tend to start at the beginning and read to the end and then start the next book. My KT has been a real pleasure to use this way. However, when I have to do any research or refer to reference books, I tend to jump around or flip through books to find the sections or pages I need to refer to; sometimes having to use all fingers to mark pages as I flip back and forth. So, I have trouble seeing how an ereader is going to eventually replace dead-tree versions of research books. I'm not trying to put-down or criticise ereaders. I would actually like to understand how other people use these devices for this type of work so that maybe I can too, embrace it.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote