View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Another thing I have not supported yet (again because there was no place for it in the internal Sigil structure) is "refinements" on the "Relation" field such as" "IsPartOf", "IsVersionOf", "IsFormatOf", "IsReferencedBy", "IsBasis For", "IsBasedOn", and "Requires".
All of these will not be implemented in Sigil since there's no way to export them to epub [see EDIT]. The spec doesn't support them.

And no, I don't like the idea of custom meta elements. EDIT: I still don't like this idea... but on further reflection I believe it may be wise to allow pass-through of unsupported <meta> elements and their attributes.

So if there's a meta element in an OPF or HTML that Sigil can't map to something epub-specific, it should be stored as such and then exported in the final epub's OPF without harm.

Quote:
The **internal** structure of Sigil supports the following data items - Please note that everything from the metadata must be mapped to one of these to be supported. If not, it will be ignored since there was no place to store it internally inside Sigil (which focused specifically on the official epub standard for metadata)
Again, only the metadata that can be represented in an epub document is supported by Sigil. Anything else is unsupported. [see above]

Quote:
It sounds like Sigil has decided to add "published" as a dcterm to augment "issued" which makes a lot of sense but not one of the official dcterms.
Yes, I know, but someone's going to type it in eventually and expect it to be recognized. And you can't blame them: "created" for creation, "modified" for modification but "issued" for publication?

Someone's going to use it, it will fail and the I'll get an issue report. May as well just preempt them.

Last edited by Valloric; 12-26-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote