View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #97
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Awesomely priced at Cyberread ($9.95), I would advise anyone to pick up this collection of Chekhov's short novels.. They're 5 wonderful stories that come in at about 100-120pp each. While I know these hardly count as "unknown" works, Goodreads tells me that sadly few people actually read them, and it seems that most people only read his short stories, and miss out on these short novels. Chekhov's writings are a lot lighter than D's, or Tolstoy's, but they contain wonderful little ironies, and generally make fun of people who take themselves too seriously.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote