View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #17559
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
OK - now I'm moving on to The Anubis Gates. I've had this on my bookshelf for a couple of years now and it's been recommended to me several times, so I thought I'd finally find the time to read it. Feel free to chime in and tell me how much I'm going to love it.
Well, that was very interesting. It's immensely clever for a time travel novel and I enjoyed most of it very much. There were a few times I thought certain characters were too uncannily intuitive for my tastes, and there did seem to be a giant deus ex machina moment towards the end which didn't really impress me much. Overall, however, it was a very good 4 star read.

Now I'm going to complete Frankenstein for the very first time. So far, it's been a mix of interesting and not so interesting passages, but I'm hoping it picks up a little, or at least lays on some seriously heavy atmosphere for me to savour.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote