View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #127
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Those of us from the Navy -- as well as fans of Star Trek -- would appreciate it if you use the Navy as your model. And, anyway, it would be right thing to do.

Though I must say, when SF takes a direct lift from naval enlisted ranks (seaman becomes spaceman, or even just sailor becoming spacer) , it's sound way too kitschy-quaint for my taste.
Spacer work for me and it is genderless.
Kitchy? the Navy is all about Tradition

(Looks at the overhead )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote