View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
No it does not. It only detects a file change locally and uploads the change to the Dropbox account. (This features is only available on the paid version).

You can set the sync time from days to minutes. I have my tool synced to once every hour and that is usually enough for my files to be in sync.
Figures, i'm pretty sure none of the could services have any way to check changes in cloud (in a public API anyways). From what i've read of Dropsync (havent tried it miself) it works just like foldersync, try the lite version and you can see the options it has.

Quote:
I'm intrigued by your solution. It is a bit more complicated and a bit more expensive but you get a lot of control over your final solution. I really like the fact that you are not tied to DropBox.

How is the FolderSync solution. Does it handled recursive directories. Can you apply filters so it does not sync a certain type of file?
If by recursive directories you mean subfolders (english isn't my native language ) then yes it does, but only the full version. Same thing with the filters only the full version allows that.
EDIT: Dropsync has a Tasker plugin so you could use that app to sync instead of buying foldersync

Quote:
Also how complicated is Tasker to program. It looks like you had to perform some scripting to handle the synchronization.
Tasker is ugly, hard to grasp, and generally unuserfriendly........but it is very very powerful, you can schedule or set just about anything in it, watch a few videos on youtube and you'll see.

There is also a trial version of tasker at the developer's site : http://tasker.dinglisch.net/download.html

Quote:
Last question are these the apps you used in your solution?

FolderSync: $2.29
Tasker: $6.49
AutoRemote: $.99 (Can you use the lite version?)

Total: $9.76
I use the lite version of AutoRemote but the full version of Foldersync and Tasker is required.

Although Tasker has a free companion app that allows you to export profiles as APKs so maybe you could get away with not buying tasker and i'll build you a sync app, though you'd need another app to launch the apk at boot since i dont think I can have an APK from Tasker App Factory launch itself at boot (maybe you can I just havent figured out how) also I could probably use dropsync instead of foldersync to build the apk so you'd spend nothing

EDIT: For some reason I tried it out today and it's not working..... gotta check all my settings to see what I missed.....

Last edited by Catire; 08-16-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote