View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #20
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
True, and fair point. I should have just said the Nano is too much for what I need.

But it holds for other devices, like the iPod video a few years ago that was $300 and did less than my Creative Vision M which was $150. That's over priced as it was twice the price for the same memory, a lower quality screen, no FM tuner (and of course no FM recording ability etc.).

Speaking of SMARTs, those I do find overpriced. I'd be interested in one if they were like $5,000. But here in the US, looking at the website, they range from $11,000 to just under $21,000. Which is absurd IMO for a tiny car that can't be very safe and is only meant to be driven up to 40MPH or so when I can buy a real car with those price ranges--I paid $17,000 for my 2008 Mazda 3 new, companies like Kia have new cars close to the $11,00 for the cheapest smart.

I live in a city and drive 4 miles each way to work with speed limits ranging 25-40MPH on local roads. So I could use a smart, but it would have to be very cheap and be my second car as I also drive on the interstate where traffic is flowing 75-85 MPH so I need a full sized/powered car as well.

Anyway, that's off topic, but had to comment as I think the smart is a great idea, but terrible overpriced to be practical for most people, even city dwellers like myself.