View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #14
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
On linux, I find that tesseract OCR works pretty well, provided that your using TIF files as input and the resolution is high/low enough (for some old yellow paper backs, a lower resolution results in better output).

Luqman
I use to think that too until I ran the same book one with tesseact and with ABBYY.

There is no comparison, ABBYY is just so superior. ABBYY has a very low error rate, detects images and leaves them as such, converts tables perfectly and even handles white spaces.

There are some images Tesseact does work great with but as a general OCR program this tool leaves a lot to be desired.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 09-30-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: grammer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote