View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Kovid built the -Baen preprocessing switch for Calibre exactly to strip that stuff out (at my request). May I suggest that Sigil provide the same capability? It's a straight-forward bit of sed script hacking...
Sigil is an editor, and as such it strives to present the epub you loaded as faithfully as possible. When the search&replace dialog is done, it will be very easy to remove these directly. But Sigil will not remove them for you automatically. Maybe as an option in some pop-up import dialog. Maybe.

Until then (and after too, for those who want to) just run it through calibre to remove these. There's little point in duplicating functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
P.S. I'll poke Baen's web guy about removing that cruft from his eBook versions.
Please do that. It would benefit all readers of those books, since it would speed up display and lower memory consumption on all Reading Systems.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote