View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #12
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan
I think it's inevitable that e-readers will be mainstream. The interesting part of the equation remains, what content will get them there.
I think that the first adopters (after us gadget-people) will definately be the textbook crowd, followed quickly by those of us who need to have several (hundred?) pounds of reference books for our jobs.

After that, I don't know.

I know that, for me, I have several years of backlogged public domain books that I want to read. Not to mention all the eBooks that I've "acquired" over the years. Then there's the new stuff that appears on Fictionwise weekly, and the authors who use Creative Commons.

I have a feeling that by the time eBooks are adopted by the majority of people, I'll be on my 3rd one, having worn out the two previous ones.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote