View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #47
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanasa View Post
Very good sir. It seems that, despite my proclivity for making my own trouble, nothing I did in this experiment was out of bounds, and the results were not unexpected (if I *could* have done something to enhance my chances of better results, please be specific and I'll try it.) This is indeed a complex pdf - it's an online magazine, with non-white background, columns that stop and start in artsy, irregular fashion, lots of advertising, etc. So, I get that it's a bit more challenging than a simple document that's been ported from Word to pdf format.

That being said, I have a pdf-to-Palm converter that came with my Treo 650 that has converted almost all content of all the issues of this monthly e-magazine, oddities and all. Only the very first issues of the mag had any problem converting, and those issues were mostly word breaks: no lost content, cracked image conversion, whatever.

I find it baffling that I can carry all these converted files on my Treo and none of them on my Sony Reader. How can this be so transparent on one device and so impossible on another? (Only the truly ignorant can ask such questions. Probably the one and only blessing I enjoy in this matter.)
Since this program, pi.exe, is not working yet, and not being the author of it, I cannot improve on your chances to get your .pdf processed properly.

May I offer another route: Try PDFRead 1.8.2 as explained here to a user looking to convert .pdf to the Kindle. Just use the prs-505 Profile for the Sony .lrf output format. The 'default' is a landscape mode. Try also 'landscape-half' or 'landscape-full' layout modes.

Please note that the resulting ebook will be just 'images', but they can be rotated, dilated, sharpened, etc...

BTW, I'm the author of that software, so feel free to send me any questions you may have over at the PDFRead main thread here.

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote