View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #70
Grumpyreader
Connoisseur
Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.Grumpyreader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sony PRS505, Kindle 2 Int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
This is the one they did (do) do:

This is also why I'm getting more convinced that Fictionwise are going to drop the agency Publishers and leave sales of those to Barnes & Noble.

That would leave them able to continue to offer a discount on all Fictionwise ebooks and so continue to honour their Buywise commitment.

Graham
I totally agree. It might also explain the delay for FW getting themselves up and running. As others have suggested, they're probably trying to negotiate something with the Big 5 (are we calling them that now?) so that they can honour their commitments to members. If they can't I suspect it's the end for the Big 5 (surely there's got to be a better name) at FW.

However if they still offer the 15% discount for the book they do list, they'll be honouring that statement and, subject to anything else people can find, I don't think there's any breach of an implied covenant.
Grumpyreader is offline   Reply With Quote