View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #184
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNoah View Post
I have a question...my mom and I are both getting the pocket reader. Her library has ebooks and mine doesn't so I was going to use her library card to check out books.

The Library says you have to have the Adobe Digital Editions ID...would we both have to be under the same ID to check out books on her card? Is the ID tied to the library card as well as the ereader?

Or can we both have seperate ID's and still use the library card?

I suppose if we have to have it the other way it will take up 4 devices two computers for downloads and two readers.

Not really understanding this process, but want to do it right. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
You and your mom can indeed use the same library account.

The important thing to realize is that the checked out library ebook, is not tied to a specific copy of Digital Editions or a specific reader until it is downloaded.

Should you both want to read the same ebook, you would either have to remove the ADE DRM, or checkout the ebook a second time to be able to download it to another device.

Hope that answers your questions.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote