View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
well, you are in the UK, and its a US Device, atleast for now, so any bias based on Region can be thrown out.

Epub Support is useless, Epub can be converted into any format, that is why its Epub.

the Amazon Ebook Store is the Largest and Cheapest around, DRM doesnt come into play for the avearge user.

a Sony Device is more, "locked down" than the kindle is.
So what you're saying is that I should just accept DRM because it doesn't come into play for the average user? Why would I do that? I don't want DRM on anything I purchase and I won't accept it. Not on music, films or anything else.

Further to that point, are you really insisting that because ePub can be converted to other formats it shouldn't be adopted? That makes no sense at all. It's the standard, it's easy to create, it's flexible and it looks good, there's plenty of reasons it should be adopted.

As to the Sony, I don't own one, I'm waiting to buy a device that isn't encumbered with lock-ins to particular stores or needs DRM to be in any way useable.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote