View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
I know that an e-ink screen is different from a tablet, yet I'm looking for an e-ink screen that's not "too awful".
In the meantime while anxiously waiting for (e-paper)Godot (i.e. at least two or three more years for affordable 13.3" fast and light color e-ink or Liquavista-like reflective LCD with stylus) if any e-reader there is too slow for our liking at handling pdfs, we can use apps like k2pdfopt to quickly and easily optimize pdf for our device beforehand.

With k2pdfopt we can automatically change a pdf page size and resolution to exactly match those of our e-reader's screen and at the same time crop empty margins and turn it to landscape and also change complex pdf commpression(if there is one involved) to bitmaps(OCR layer will be retained), so that e-reader's processor just have to show already perfectly tailored page without the need for much computation or memory resources on its part.

We can also use it to reflow A4 sized pdf to fit our 6", 8" or 10" device (both scanned pdf images(bitmaps) or textual pdfs(vectors)) .

http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

Last edited by markom; 04-14-2014 at 09:29 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote