Thread: Markup for TTS?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
The only epub reader I had which could do TTS was the Pocket EZ reader, and it was pretty horrible. As for coax as noun vs coax as verb, there are lots of other examples in English; I'm not sure how many TTS systems try to parse the sentences before speaking. It's been 25 years since I worked seriously with TTS, so I'm not up to date. Ideally, one should be able to drop into the IPA character subset to force a particular pronunciation and/or set up a lookup dictionary. Maybe an addition to Festival?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote