View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
As alternative to embedding a font into a KF8 file, you could also install a custom font on the PW that will be available on all books as part of the regular font-selection screen. This includes old mobi and new mobi (KF8) files. All you need to do are these steps:

- connect PW to computer per USB
- on usb-drive create an empty/new file with name: USE_ALT_FONTS
- create the folder: fonts
- copy your font in regular, bold, italic, and bold-italic into newly created fonts/ folder
- disconnect PW from USB
- restart PW ( menu->settings, then menu->restart )

The newly inshalled font will be visible (among a few others previously unavailable) in the font menu of a book. The only exception where it won't work is some KF8 books that have the font annoyingly hardcoded into the book (font won't change no matter which font is selected). The USE_ALT_FONTS will work no matter if the PW is jailbroke or not, but firmware 5.3.0 or 5.3.1 is necessary.
It works fine!!.

But I copied two fonts in the folder, and when I touch Aa, show me 20 fonts

It's strange, but very happy,
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote