View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #5157
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Uh Solitaire, out of curiosity do you ever post on the MacRumors site? I was just participating in a conversation about Blade Runner over there.

Anyway, the reason they seem similar is because the creator of Bubblegum Crisis was heavily inspired by Blade Runner. There is even a couple overt references: "Priss" and her band "The Replicants".
I've not visited the MacRumors site. Since the title seems to refer to Mac computers I hadn't thought of it since I'm a Windows user (please correct me if I'm wrong). I wonder if there is a place for a Blade Runner discussion or a robot/android discussion in the Lounge?

It had been years since I saw the original Bubblegum Crisis OAV (the one that was never completed) so I'd forgotten about the references (overt and otherwise) to Blade Runner. Most of my experience with the Boomerverse are from the other successor videos such as Paraside Dolls and A.D. Police.

In some ways, Blade Runner and the Boomerverse are opposites of each others. While Blade Runner humanity seems to be expanding into space, the Boomerverse seems to be confined to Earth. Another difference seems to be that in the Blade Runner universe each replicant seem to be a potential problem, yet in the Boomerverse Boomers can vary from beneficial to problematic.

That's something that seems common in anime which feature robots and androids. In some (All-Purpose Cat-Girl Nuku Nuku, Chobits, Hand Maid May, and Steel Angel Karumi), the mechanical being is of benefit to society rather than a threat. In others (Black Magic M-66, Key The Metal Idol, and Paradise Dolls), some mechanical beings are a threat.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote