View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
I'll give you my recommendation, but its a bit different than your choices.

First, I personally own the Nook STR, the Sony PRS-T1, and the Nook Color. The Nook STR and Sony both make great e-ink readers. I prefer then Sony over the Nook, but its a personal preference. Neither are rooted, as I like the way they work just fine.

The Nook Color started as reader for my wife, but I first rooted it, then I overwrote its entire OS with CM7. It now functions as a great android general purpose tablet. My suggestion is to go this route. It would cost you close to $100 more, but for that money you get great functionality as a tablet, and color screen. I think you will enjoy the color screen for your mangas (they do come in color, don't they?) and you can take your pick of a number of PDF viewers that work very well on it. Also, web browsing is great on the Nook CM7 tablet.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote