View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #47
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I have a friend, a truck driver. He loves poetry. I asked how, a boy raised in Spotted Hog, Missouri, developed such a passion for poetry. It was his 6th grade teacher. He remembered her name but I don't. She loved my friend and passed on her love of poetry to him.

President Harry Truman was our last president to not have a college degree. Uneducated? I don't think so. He was reportedly a voracious reader and often read classics in the original Latin. Now, we have a well-degreed president who has trouble reading in English.

Educated people read, whether they have degrees or not. Reading good books is an essential characteristic of an educated person.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote