View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #78
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
  • Check epub for Adobe xpgt files. Extra credit for tying in the Calibre feature in the conversion pipeline which removes the margin from these files.
  • Check the epub manifest for embedded fonts
  • Check to see if the file was created through Calibre's conversion pipeline (css might be the most reliable check for epub, not sure about other formats).
  • Check for use of SVG files in epub (admittedly more complicated as they can either be defined inline in the html or as files.)
I'd suggest looking for two book jackets. Looking for two xhtml files starting with jacket inside the epub.

I used the missing book jacket feature, then reconverted with book jackets. Checking a second time found 80% of the books as still missing the book jacket because they had an existing old jacket that the plugin checks first before it is able to find the new jacket.

Personally I would love the option to remove all jacket*.xhtml files from the ePubs of selected books so I could start fresh with new jackets.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote