View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
This collection has hit as high as #4 on the Amazon best selling mystery anthologies lists.

Here's a sample from this collection - it's from the third story "Trail of the Lonesome Stickpin." This puzzle mystery from the Mick and Casey series was put forward for an Edgar. Mick and Casey are young gunslingers in the old west who are not necessarily that great as gunslingers, but they're pretty good at solving crimes.

When I woke up, I was lying flat on my back on the ceiling.

At least I thought it was the ceiling, but the furniture in the room was on the ceiling with me, and that didn’t hardly seem likely. It took a minute to get it into my swollen and throbbing head that I didn’t have to worry about falling. I was on the floor. I had already fallen as far as I was going to, and maybe it was time to get up.

My right hand made it up off the floor and felt for my gun, and I realized the whole gun belt was gone. I had been disarmed. That woke me up. I raised my left hand to my head, and I realized that I’d also been dis-hatted...and dis-booted...and pretty darn near de-shirted and de-pantsed as well. I had been thoroughly unbuttoned, and clothes turned loose and ripped, and my pockets turned out.

I had a vague recollection of a pair of beautiful brown eyes, close to my face, and my hand in some soft blond hair. My wife had hazel eyes, and brown hair...and a pair of pearl handled Peacemakers, a Winchester and a bowie knife.

Yeah, I was in trouble. And yet I had a feeling of satisfaction, and that worried me even more, as far as I could manage a thought as sophisticated as a worry.

Check out this 99 cent collection at Smashwords and Kindle!

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote