Thread: Accessories handcrafted bookcase for kindle
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
efleiss
efleiss began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
right side top and bottom are gold leaf and rigid - total design to be attractive and protective.

left side book flap folds entirely behind- so page turn and single hand use are both easily done. I was at a meeting last week in nyc and had to go down town via subway-was able to stand for 30 minutes on the A train read my kindle and never take my hand off the hang pole.

yes, the frame does block the ports and switches- but i look at it this way from my own experience- using velcro dots, the unit pops in and out simply and easily- i only turn on whispernet when I am buying a book or to download the times. I almost never turn my unit off. when I am home at night, i remove the unit and turn on whispernet if I need it, and plug in charger if I need it. but by and large, like with my pda, i want those switches and ports protected as well, although, i have considered a notchout for the port connections, i am trying to keep the traditional leatherbound book look and feel. this is also not meant to be a skin, rather more like a sleeve, if you will.

thank you for comments
efleiss is offline   Reply With Quote