View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Indents, "Look and Feel," Extra CSS

Gonna try this one again. Yes, I'm using Sigil and it's a nice program. But on a simple Calibre conversion, as I understand it, I should be able to include extra CSS language on the "Look and Feel" page. Just beneath the "Extra CSS" tab at Look and Feel, I type in

p { text-indent: 5mm; }

exactly as Kovid's manual specifies. Doesn't change anything on any files. I've also tried it with 1.5em, which Calibre used to use as the default indent and for some reason has changed. Nothing works. What am I getting wrong about putting in CSS?

Again, i can use Sigil, but for a simple indent it seems too much to convert into epub and then open it in Sigil.

I may just install an older version of Calibre, from before it began going with the too-small indent for whatever reason. It seems odd to me that if you "remove spacing between paragraphs" you have control over the indent. But if you elect to respect the original paragraphing, you forfeit the ability to make the indent you find comfortable. Keep waiting for this to be a "bug fix" but it hasn't come up.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote