View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #136
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I plan on getting a Chromebook. I use my computer mostly for consumption - web surfing, email, paying bills, news, videos, games, etc. It's a recreational device.

Also, I only use my computer when it's connected to the internet. Turn the net off and I turn my computer off. To me, a computer is worthless without the net.

So I see no drawbacks to Chrome.
...so then a Surface may work well for you as well because you can simply use the web for things that don't have specific apps.

To each their own. I would much prefer tablet specific apps that I can use offline. That doesn't mean I require them though, it's just one of many factors.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote