Thread: CSS / dropcaps
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Wolfie:

I concur, but I was covering the bases; it's possible it's Topaz, although that dropcap is so crappy I think not.

For Tesseract: Dropcaps are easily done in K8 format now; most tweaking is done simply based on fonts, as each tends to be slightly different and requires some line-height adjustment; we use a media-call fallback for the K7 (or, as some call it, the K6) version for the e-ink devices, creating the same type of "Raised Initial" that Calibre creates. This is a pretty easy solution.
I forgot about the line-height adjustment. The Kindle firmware versions 4.1 and 5.1 don't respond to line-height. So Drop cap might not actually work properly on the two eink Kindles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote