View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #16
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I agree that passageway seems most appropriate. We use "jitty" here in the Midlands, but in our case it refers to a narrow unpaved lane, so there could be confusion in the wider world if you called it that.
That's called a ginnell here, but I've also heard it called a lonnin. I think I'll probably go with passageway, that seems to be the most multilingual.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote