View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I can't tell you straight which is the best or the worst of these devices. But maybe I can help you with a few remarks and questions.

- Wifi does drain the battery but I guess all devices offer the possibility to put it off (and not all of these readers have wifi anyway)

- Why are you nervous about the touchscreen of the Boox A60? It is a wacom touch screen which means that you can't control him with your fingers but that you have to use a special pen. And if you don't want to use the pen you don't need - you can do all operations with the menu ring.

- It's not only the Pocketbook 360 that uses microsd cards but the Cybook Opus, too (and the Pocketbook 602/3 to add another reader to your list, they are 6", the PB360 is 5").

- Will your new reader be a replacement of or a supplement to your old one? And do you want a new reader that you are familiar with (that would reduce the choice to the two Hanlins) or would you rather try something new and something bigger? Maybe you should first decide the screen size and then the reader itself.

- If you don't need the additional screen size (9,7" in comparison to 6") I would immediately exclude the Onyx M90 but I don't know your pdf files and if they need the big screen.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote