View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:06 PM   #11
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
I thought that is what you meant, but I couldn't believe the service was one year old already. And still invite-only. Garshhhh.
For some reason I had thought the service was no longer in beta and was now open to everyone. I could have sworn I heard that but when I went to the page it still says beta and there's no sign up option. Oh well. It's hard to believe nowadays that anyone who wants an account wouldn't have one.

I have had my account for a while and to be honest I rarely use it. I think I just have been lazy about getting familiar with the interface. More than that though is that I have never really liked using email through a browser. I mainly use Fastmail.fm as an IMAP account with Thunderbird.

Is anyone here using Gmail as their main account? Has it supplanted the other big webmail provicers like Yahoo and Hotmail for you? Interesting how they are following suit increasing features. Although to me storage space is about the least desireable feature as 99% of the email I archive are plain text and take up so little space.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote