View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'd wait until after the firmware update that's in the works. It should make the browser more stable, as right now it can be a little flaky, though I've had good luck with it, mostly. So far it works with all the websites I've tried, which is a big step up from the old browser. The only big drawback I've found is that it doesn't save your login information for some sites, so you have to enter your user name and password every time.

I've found sending web pages to my Kindle from Instapaper to be pretty handy. A lot of people set up Calibre as a content server via wi-fi, that would be potentially useful. Also the ability to send documents to your kindle via wi-fi, free of charge, is nice.

I haven't taken my K3 out and about yet to try the browser in different areas, and I certainly wouldn't want to use it as my main web access. But, for what it is it works pretty well. Hopefully the coming update will make it more stable.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote