View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #65
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I can and do keep track of what I read, with a comment or two. The only point of joining a social media site would be to interact with other people, and if they're crazy ... do I really want to deal with even more crazy people?

I realize that this current brouhaha isn't the norm for the site, but it's still a turn-off.
Ravensknight made a good point about keeping your profile private. Another thing I do is only friend people that I know outside of GR. Whether I know that person professionally, from another social media site or even a web forum like this one, I have to know that person from somewhere else. This allows me to only friend people who I suspect will be cool. Not all of my friends review books that interest me but sometimes a friend will read a book and this will make me interested in a book that I never would have heard of otherwise. The opposite also happens. Sometimes I end up getting into a conversation about a book that another friend happened to have read too.

Mostly I just use GR to keep track of the books I've read, rate and/or review those books and see what my friends are reading. I have to say that the drama I read about with other GR users doesn't affect me.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote