View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 02:57 PM   #26
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sic
Hi
I bought a SONY reader about 3 months ago and I kind of think it was a waste.
It's a closed system.
... I was very enthusiastic too... 3 months ago
Many at MobileRead have already opened the Sony (both physically and via code) so its secrets are being discovered on almost a daily basis.

Some posters have pointed to the iRex as better than the Sony because it has no DRM. Since the Sony also supports RTF, TXT, LRF, and PDF; one can simply ignore the DRM formats and have a wonderful reading experience.

Since the Sony does not support PDB, LIT, or HTML I have converted the non-DRM files to RTF for the Reader. It is a simple matter and a lot of the conversion can be done in batch mode. With the Conversion tools available from the MobileRead Wiki Page conversion is not a scarey or time comsuming thing anymore.

I've had the Sony for a couple of months and it was a great investment for me.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote