View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #9
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany7 View Post
Thanks for the info davidfor. So is it just pot luck, if you buy from the kobo store, how the margin spacing is defined? Without running it through calibre, I mean. Or is there a standard spacing they tend to lean towards? Like you, I'd much rather have the spacing zero or as good as, than some of the gaping holes I've seen on YouTube!
If you sync the book directly from Kobo then you have to take the book content as it is, warts and all. Some have gaps between paragraphs, some don't, it is up to the publisher.

You can change the metadata (including cover image) for synced books though.

If you sideload the book (either as kepub or epub) then you can edit it and set the paragraph spacing and other things however you want.

Quote:
So if am reading a side loaded ePub, I can display neither chapter or book time, percentage or page? But if I convert to a kepub with calibre, do I gain at least page numbers back?
For sideloaded epubs you can choose book page number or percentage. For sideloaded kepubs you can also choose chapter page number or chapter percentage. (Edit: For synced kepubs you can also choose book time remaining or chapter time remaining, but I don't know if these options are available for sideloaded kepubs.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 11-13-2014 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Not sure if time remaining works on sideloaded kepubs
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote