View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Canapin
Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Canapin , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD
Arrow Best way to read a comic/manga?

Hi.

I'm actually trying to optimize my mangas in purpose to read them on my odyssey HD.

I tried several formats :

Single directory with pictures (768*1024 16 colors grayscale 8 bits png, white margins removed) :
That's great. The pictures are in full screen, however you can't see any page number. Plus, if you want to go to the next or previous image with the touch screen, you have to slide your finger. You can't just press your finger on the left or on the right part of the screen as you do on a regular text book. And you also can't go directly to the page number X.

PDF : That's kind of weird, but making a pdf from my images make the pdf almost twice the images size (from 40 to 70 MB, for example).
I also didn't figure out how to have my pictures on full screen. There is always a little top and bottom margin (like, 5 mm wide)

ePub : same size issue than the PDF way : the size of each image is considerabely increased.
And even if I remove the title, the pagination, the image is very small and it has huuuuge margins.

I really would like to have a real full screen AND a pagination (and navigation with pressing the finger on the touch screen instead of sliding it).

Do you know if I can achieve this?

Thank you for your help (and sorry about my bad english)!
Canapin is offline   Reply With Quote