View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
I've bought some Baen books only to see later that they were already free -- or were free a short time after I bought them.
I've bought many Baen books and I don't recall that happening to me more than once or twice (edited to add: having it later get offered free, I mean - I think I'd be a bit aggravated too if I inadvertently paid for a book that was already in the Library, but I keep track of what's in there closely enough so I've never done that). I figure it's part of the cost of doing business - and at only five or six bucks a pop, why should I wait on the off chance of a book eventually hitting the Free Library?

I am stingy enough to not emulate the people who make donations for books already available for free, or buy them in hard copy if I don't already have it. But the Free Library has introduced me to quite a few authors whose other works I've subsequently bought from Baen.

Last edited by wayrad; 11-30-2010 at 05:29 PM.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote