View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Has Amazon made a statement if the books they sell/publish will be available at libraries (as ebooks)?
No.

Quote:
I seem to be running across more and more ebooks that are sold by (published by?) " Amazon Digital Services, Inc. ", and they never seem to be available as ebooks at the library. For example: http://www.amazon.com/The-Penelopiad...mm_kin_title_0
That one was originally released in 2005, before Amazon went into publishing. Overdrive offers it. Checking at search.overdrive.com, the only US libraries that have the eBook are Philadelphia and Seattle, but many libraries in Britain, Australia, and Canada offer it.

However, my impression also is that books originally published by Amazon, and of interest to libraries (basically those with mainsteam media reviews), are not offered through Overdrive or its much smaller competitors (3M Cloud Library and Axis 360).

Here are examples of mainstream reviewed books, published originally by Amazon, and unavailable to libraries:

Jeff, One Lonely Guy

The Hangman's Daughter (English translation)

My Mother Was Nuts

The Detachment

Also library-unfriendly is Amazon not letting Kindle format eBooks be sold by Overdrive outside the US.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 06-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote