View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I don't have any problems importing the html either from a technical perspective - it's more about convenience. Right now it requires running three separate scripts, creating temporary output directories, cleaning up the mess after you're done converting, Manually editing the metadata/cover in Calibre, etc.

That and once the conversion scripts are built into Calibre it's a simple matter of integrating a separate input plugin that's not supported by Kovid or Mobileread to handle the decryption so the whole process is drag and drop.

The SVG to epub is probably not a bad option (couldn't you just import all those svg xhmtl files into Sigil?), I didn't spend any time examining the SVG output directly - but that functionality doesn't really exist yet, whereas the other scripts are already done. I don't fully understand how the Topaz format works in terms of displaying the SVG vs. OCR. On the iPhone most things appear to be rendered as text, allowing selecting, font resize, etc - but other content is clearly an image which allows zooming and panning.

Last edited by ldolse; 06-08-2010 at 10:23 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote