View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I consider myself still a novice, so I'm not here to offer advice, just my experience: Since I started writing a few years ago I found that ideas come to me as they never did back when I only thought about writing but never actually did any, and I do collect these ideas and sometimes add to them ... but I don't concentrate on them (despite having a few I am looking forward to exploring). I know myself well enough that I know I am single-tracked (a polite way of saying obsessive), which makes mixing writing and paid-work really hard, so I concentrate on just the story I am currently trying to complete. Unexpectedly this has now turned into writing two books at once (one is a background thing that may or may not see the light of day). Both are really part of the one story, so I'm still in the same world, but even so I find I have to concentrate on just one (usually for weeks or months at a time) or nothing gets done on either. (I recognise this obsessive nature is a fault in my own make-up, but one that I am not currently planning on trying to "fix".)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote