View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I read on my Vox with the Aldiko reading app and use Calibre on my PC to manage my library.
Others use Dropbox on their computer and the Dropbox app on Vox to transfer books.
Yes, even without these tools, it is relatively easy to move books over to the Vox assuming 1) that you have a file manager installed like Astro 2) you know what folders to use ie: where the books go
There are several threads about the topic that you could find by searching that give excellent help about it.
Keep in mind that the Vox is not as simple a device as our old Sonys... It does a lot more, rather like a mini computer therefore requires a little more knowledge (most of it related to stuff other than the books themselves) than the first / second generation readers that came out a few years ago. But it's well worth it!
Ps: I have a friend who like you bought another tablet first (BB Playbook) but who returned it to get a Vox when he saw how easy mine was to use + what he really wanted was a reader first, tablet capabilities second. We transferred most of his 600-700 book library to the Vox with no storage space issues. We first installed Aldiko however as it is superior to Kobo app for reading third party books. He isn't a computer wiz but has had no problems in the 2 months since he got it. He just loves his Vox!

Last edited by Cdesja5; 03-25-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote