View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
I'm not very good at remembering to give karma/thanks in the Deals forum, so I just joined your little 1-click army .

Unknown author to me so not sure when/if ever I'll get around to reading them though...
To be honest, all of Spinrad's really good stuff was written well before I was born and for all I know he's succumbed to the Brain Eater like many other formerly-brilliant-ish sf/fantasy writers since then (and with a few exceptions, I myself really only middling-liked much of what I've read of his stuff).

But the important thing is that hopefully a well-established and reasonably respected prominent-in-his-severely-underrepresented-in-the-freebie-department-genre* award-nominated author with direct control of a big chunk of his desirable award-nominated backlist gets a nice visibility boost for his self-republished works, in addition to the take-home lesson that free promotions are a Very Good Idea and even temporary giveaways are appreciated.

And hey, maybe he'll even sign on for that heartwarming class about bargain pricing for the more obscure titles and no DRM in future releases and ditching the single-vendor exclusivity, too!

So with that in mind, to each and every one of the kind MR-goers who've contributed to the 192 page views for this thread (and hopefully were able to get this freebie deal in their region).

If nothing else, then at least the previously-printed essay and short-story collections should be worth a skim, for those who actually feel like reading the stuff they've been nice enough to 1-click.

* Seriously, I think we've maybe gotten a dozen sf/fantasy/non-PNR other-speculative freebies all year, whereas we get at least that amount every single month in the Christian fiction and erotic/paranormal romance offerings alone.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote