View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
JimBushWhack
JimBushWhack began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Preferred output format preference effecting web content server "get" choices

Sorry if this has already been disccussed, but I could not find any posts on this subject.

My problem is this: The preferred output format preference seems to govern the default "get" format in the content web server. I have a medium sized calibre library with around 200 ebooks. I have been experimenting with the web content server as I have a small group of friends I share books with. I have a kindle myself, so the preferred output format is set to mobi. But some of the friends in my group have ipads and I have found that the calibre web content server is the most effective way of getting ebooks from calibre onto an ipad. Most of my group that have ipads use ibooks to display ebook content so they need epub formatted ebooks. My library contains both mobi and epub formatted ebooks. Even though, the book selections offers epub as an alternate choice, it is sometimes buried at the end of the meta-data display. The "get" button seems to be tied to the preferred output format on the server which in some ways does not make sense. It seems like this choice should be made by the person who is browsing the content server output.

Would there be any way to do this?

Thanks,
JimBushWhack
JimBushWhack is offline   Reply With Quote