View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #17
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
For some years now, I'm mainly using English as my OS language. Be it on PCs, tablets, PDAs, eBook readers, ...
My reason: Most 3rd party apps are in English. For a somewhat consistent user experience, I like to have the same language (=touch and feel).
That's no biggy, I admit. But from an "aesthetic" perspective...
Anyway...
On lots of units there only are certain language/country combinations.
On many (not all, though) Honeycomb tablets, German is the only choice for Germany. Same for HP TouchPad.
So I either have to choose US or UK to have English or use German in Germany.
I hate this. On Honeycomb, I can solve this by using the "more locale" app from the Android market. For TouchPad, I haven't found any such tool.
Other tablets simply separate country and language: Germany + English...
That is a pretty odd limitation. I had thought international keyboards/interface settings were the norm by now in all OSes, given the worldwide appeal.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote