View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
It does work fine -- but it's quite a big book and not the sort I will use often. Much less read straight through! I wonder if we could get just the MAPS pulled out, and put into a separate book. Those are fascinating, and useful.
I used 'Standard Compression' when making the .prc using Mobipocket Creator and that explains the file size.

I had tried 'High Compression' and produced a .prc about half the size, but wanted users to be able to use the Mobiperl scripts created by tompe. If there is interest, I could upload the 'High Compression' version.

After using mobi2html on this .prc, you can easily strip out (i.e. delete the images), re-build it and make a smaller ebook.

Conversely, to make a new ebook with just the maps, would involve a much more onerous editing process. I will leave that as an excercise to the reader ...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote